Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Custom Search

Ferdinand Marcos Hero’s Burial Not Possible Says P-Noy

Ferdinand Marcos Hero’s Burial Not Possible Says P-Noy


A hero’s burial for the late former President Ferdinand Marcos was strongly prohibited by President Benigno Aquino III.

During the forum hosted by the Foreign Correspondents Association of the Philippines (FOCAP) on Wednesday, President Noynoy said a hero’s burial for Ferdinand Marcos will not happen under his watch.

It was Vice President Jejomar Binay’s recommendation to give full military honors for Marcos and P-Noy expressed his apology for rejecting the proposal.

In all honesty…and I think I will have to communicate this to the Vice President, I apologize, he’s been doing the study on my behalf. He had a recommendation and it was recently called to my attention again. We have so many victims of the Martial Law years who have not gotten even a recognition formally from this government, from our government and they were victims,” the President quoted as saying.

P-Noy emphasized the reasons why he has strongly rejected the recommendation.

They have not been accorded an apology, the compensation bill is still pending, and it would be really I think the height of injustice to render any honors to the person who was the direct mastermind of all their suffering. So, I think I will not sanction a burial for the late President Marcos - not under my watch,” he said.

0 comments: