Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Custom Search

Boy Abunda Meets First Filipino to Qualify for 2012 London Olympics

Boy Abunda Meets First Filipino to Qualify for 2012 London Olympics


The first Filipino athlete to qualify for the 2012 London Olympics, Mark Anthony Barriga, is the featured personality this Saturday, January 28, in “The Bottomline with Boy Abunda”

Unravel Barriga’s story of courage, determination, and success as he paved his way to becoming an Olympian at the age of 18. “Boxing is my childhood dream. It has been a part of my life ever since, that is why I am happy that I now got the chance to fulfill it,” he said.

Despite the growing pressure to bring home the gold, Barriga remained optimistic. He quipped, “The pressure to do well only drives me to work harder. Our country deserves a gold medal and I’m hoping I’d be the one to give Philippines that honor.”

Get to know Barriga better as he shares his opinion about the sport he loves, his co-boxers, and his intense preparation for the 2012 London Olympics. Catch Asian TV Awards’ Best Talk Show for 2011, “The Bottomline with Boy Abunda,” this Saturday night, 11:30pm, after “Banana Split” on ABS-CBN. For more updates, log on to www.abs-cbn.com or follow abscbndotcom on Twitter.

0 comments: